YOUR PROBATE & INHERITANCE TAX COMPLETED
We take full responsibility for obtaining the grant of probate and dealing with the inheritance tax (IHT); for a fixed fee for cases with a will or non-contentious instate cases (Intestacy).
The person dealing with the estate of the person who has died is called an executor or an administrator. An executor is someone who is named in the will as responsible for dealing with the estate. An administrator has to apply for letters of administration before they can deal with an estate.
This service applies to you if the probate is considered to be an accepted estate. Briefly, this means that.
- All assets are in the UK
- Total estate value is under £325,000 or left to a surviving spouse or civil partner.
- Gifts of no more than £150,000 were given in the last 7 years.
- Cases with a will
- Cases without a will (non-contentious instate)
- Completion of IHT205 return of estate information.
PROBATE & INHERITANCE TAX
Our service includes a free initial telephone call, or if you prefer a video call which allows us to keep everyone at a safe distance.
We do in some circumstances do a face-to-face meeting with a local Probate Specialist in your home, at or near your workplace, or another location in England or Wales; and in those circumstances, you will be provided with a written fixed fee Probate quote. Please note extra charges apply.
You may also book an appointment at our central London office. Please check our contact page for more information. (Please note that Covid-19 restrictions may apply). Please note extra charges apply.
Once we have provided you with a written quote for the agreed work to be done, that price will not change unless the original information we are given is shown to be incorrect or circumstances on your part change. This could include the way probate is applied for such as postal applications. If the IHT document changes because of misinformation or lack of information at the start.
Alternatively, you can purchase through this online Gateway at the price quoted.
We provide a swift and efficient service usually providing submitted IHT205 and probate registry applications within 5 days of completed and signed documents.
- Payment is taken online via (“Take Payments” Barclaycard), (Stripe) or (PayPal) or over the phone via (Barclaycard EPDQ).
- We will send you “Letters of Engagement” which both you and us sign electronically via Adobe Sign.
- We will provide you portal access to monitor your probate.
- We will post you a letter with a prepaid special delivery envelope inside so that you can send us any required documents.
- We will complete AML checks on your ID (included in the price).
- We will complete a questionnaire with you over the phone to establish the estate.
- We will complete the IHT205 and send it to you for signing.
- We will complete the probate registry portal to apply for the grant.
- We will answer questions from the probate registry on your behalf.
- We will send you by certified post your grant of probate or grant of letters of administration.
Cost includes VAT but excludes the Probate Registry Fee (Currently £155) and any copies of the grant you may require.
What we do for our Probate Fee of £499*
These are the services we undertake to complete your grant of probate.
- We will conduct a telephone assessment call to gather all the facts together to be able to complete an assessment of any possible inheritance tax liabilities. This can take from 10 minutes up to approximately 40 minutes depending on the complexity.
- We will complete the following Inheritance Tax (IHT) forms for HMRC: either an IHT 205 or IHT 400 and any other associated forms that are required. We will conduct all correspondence with HMRC relevant to completing the above forms.
- We will take any corrective action(s) required by HMRC during the Estate administration process.
- We will claim any relevant tax reliefs or exemptions applicable to the Estate.
- We will calculate and arrange for the transfer of any Nil Rate Band or Residence Nil Rate Band allowance if available, this is in order to reduce the amount of Inheritance Tax to be paid by the Estate.
- We will update you as to our findings in relation to your Inheritance tax liabilities
- We will submit the Estate to the Probate court, to obtain a full grant of Probate.*
- All documents belonging to you or the Estate will be collected by courier services that are fully insured. All our outbound correspondence in written format is sent by certified mail and fully tracked.
This is a list of possible disbursements that apply to probate matters and their cost.
- Inclusive Courier service to collect documents from you FREE (Additional Collections £30 each)
- Probate Registry fee for grant of probate INCLUDED (Compulsory court charges applies to all probate court cases with any probate specialist or solicitor) (If you do this yourself the cost will be £215)
- Optional: Certified copies of the grant of probate including postage £2 each
- Provide Published statutory notices in the London Gazette to protect you from challenges to the estate £200
- Provide notices in local newspapers to protect you from challenges to the estate £245
- Notify multiple companies such as Barclays, HSBC, and British Gas about the bereavement £20
- Optional: Registering you as the new owner of a property at HM Land Registry £499 (Note: This is not to be purchased if you intend to sell the property).
- Land Registry Fees are based on property value. Up to £500,00 is Inclusive. From £500,001 to £1m it is £120 From £1m or above it is £180
Please note that these fees are not an exhaustive list but fees that are possibly relevant to the package you are currently looking at. If you are unsure about anything you can chat to us on messenger, request a callback, or call us on freephone 0808 188 9008