Probate & Inheritance Tax
YOUR PROBATE & INHERITANCE TAX COMPLETED
We take full responsibility for obtaining the grant of probate and dealing with the legal, tax, affairs; for a fixed fee for cases with a will or non-contentious instate cases (Intestacy).
The person dealing with the estate of the person who has died is called an executor or an administrator. An executor is someone who is named in the will as responsible for dealing with the estate. An administrator has to apply for letters of administration before they can deal with an estate.
Probate & Inheritance Tax
Our service includes a free initial telephone call, or if you prefer a video call which allows us to keep everyone at a safe distance. We do in some circumstances do a face-to-face meeting with a local Probate Specialist in your home, at or near your workplace, or another location in England or Wales; and in those circumstances, you will be provided with a written fixed fee Probate quote.
You may also book an appointment at our central London office. Please check our contact page for more information. (Please note that Covid-19 restrictions may apply).
Once we have provided you with a written quote for the agreed work to be done, that price will not change unless the original information we are given is shown to be incorrect or circumstances on your part change.
Alternatively, you can purchase through this online Gateway at the price quoted.
We provide a swift and efficient service usually providing submitted Inheritance Tax to HMRC in 5 business days. The estimated time for HMRC to complete their checks is 3 to 4 weeks. (Covid time scales may delay this).
Once payment is completed we will send you a “General Service Agreement” which both you and us sign electronically via Adobe Sign.
We collect all required written documents from you by Courier Service at no further cost to you and when we return documents, we send them by tracked mail. All mail is fully insured.
We submit your probate via our HMCTS online portal where we monitor and track the position your probate is with the Probate Registry. On submission, we will produce a legal document that is listed with a High Court registration number. (You do not have to attend any court). This again is sent to you electronically for your signature.
We then provide the Probate Registry with all the required bundles of documents such as wills. The current approximate time scales for the Probate Registry is 8 to 10 weeks. (Please bear in mind that we cannot control how long it takes either HMRC or the probate registry to complete there work)
Obtain your Probate in a few short weeks rather than the 9 to 12 months quoted by many solicitors and law firms.
What we do for our Probate Fee of £499*
These are the services we undertake to complete your grant of probate.
- We will conduct a telephone assessment call to gather all the facts together to be able to complete an assessment of any possible inheritance tax liabilities. This can take from 10 minutes up to approximately 40 minutes depending on the complexity.
- We will complete the following Inheritance Tax (IHT) forms for HMRC: either an IHT 205 or IHT 400 and any other associated forms that are required. We will conduct all correspondence with HMRC relevant to completing the above forms.
- We will take any corrective action(s) required by HMRC during the Estate administration process.
- We will claim any relevant tax reliefs or exemptions applicable to the Estate.
- We will calculate and arrange for the transfer of any Nil Rate Band or Residence Nil Rate Band allowance if available, this is in order to reduce the amount of Inheritance Tax to be paid by the Estate.
- We will update you as to our findings in relation to your Inheritance tax liabilities
- We will submit the Estate to the Probate court, to obtain a full grant of Probate.*
- All documents belonging to you or the Estate will be collected by courier services that are fully insured. All our outbound correspondence in written format is sent by certified mail and fully tracked.
This is a list of possible disbursements that apply to probate matters and their cost.
- Inclusive Courier service to collect documents from you FREE (Additional Collections £30 each)
- *Probate Registry fee for grant of probate INCLUDED (Compulsory court charges applies to all probate court cases with any probate specialist or solicitor) (If you do this yourself the cost will be £215)
- Optional: Certified copies of the grant of probate including postage £2 each
- Optional: complication if the estate owns over £5,000 in Antiques £49 (covers the cost of independent valuation)
- Optional: complication if the estate owns over £5,000 in Investments £49 (Applies if investments have not already been collected and need to be valued)
- Optional: Complication if the Estate owns a second property. £49 (covers the cost of independent valuation)
- Optional: Registering you as the new owner of a property at HM Land Registry £499 (Note: This is not to be purchased if you intend to sell the property).
- Land Registry Fees only apply if you add the Land Registry package and are based on property value. Up to £500,000 is £40 £500,001 to £1m is £120 £1m or above £180
- Notify multiple companies such as Barclays, HSBC, and British Gas about the bereavement £20